Panther Creek Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Lebanon/Sweethome
Panther Creek Falls' are east of Sweethome.
Upper and Lower Panther Creek Falls
Upper Panther Crk Falls GPS N44º 33.03', W122º 27.007', Elevation above sea level 2340 ft.
Lower Panther Crk Falls GPS N44º 32.453', W122º 26.158', Elevation above sea level 1150 ft.
Distance between waterfalls (as the crow flies) is one mile.
First, to the upper waterfall ...
... now, onto the lower falls
- From I-5 exit onto Hwy 20 and head east towards Lebanon
- At milepost 33 east of Sweethome turn left onto Green Peter Dam/
Quartzville Road (reset your trip odometer)
- After 16 miles turn left onto unmarked Trout Creek Road (there is a sign with a handwritten smiley, if that helps)
- The upper falls is located three miles up the road at a curve in the road - use low gear
(there was an attempt at paving this road which has since degraded badly -
recommend a vehicle with ground clearance better than a VW Bug)
- Go back down Trout Creek Road (low gear recommended)
- When reaching Quartzville Road turn left to continue another 0.8 miles to a wide
spot on the right with a sign saying "Designated Campsite Area..." and park here
- The lower falls is located across the road behind a guardrail
At base of the falls - Purple Foxglove (aka Digitalis - poisonous)