Pheasant Creek Falls'
Photographer: G. Price
Return to HWY 101
Pheasant Creek Falls' are south of Tillamook.
GPS - Trail start, 400m el.
GPS - East Falls, 290m el.
GPS - South Falls, 290m el.
Pheasant Creek Falls - East and South
- On Hwy 101 south of Tillamook enter the town of Beaver.
- Near milepost 80 turn onto the road signed as "Upper Nestucca River
Recreation Area" and "Blaine".
Note the mileposts on this road as you travel.
- After 6.7 miles you'll reach the town of Blaine. Where the road branches
note the sign stating "Carlton". Head straight towards Carlton on Road 858.
- At milepost 11.7 look for a right turn on a road between two fenced fields.
You will note the following sign for Road 8533.
- Reset your trip odometer at this time.
- The road will take you over a first bridge (ignore the right turn over
another bridge a short distance past the first). The road soon turns to
gravel. When your odometer counts up the additional 4.3 miles there
will be a road on the right. As you make the turn you will note small
signs on the right that say "Falls" and "8533-131".
- After 0.7 miles there is a wide spot in the road on the left for parking.
The trail to Pheasant Falls' is about one mile. The sign at the trail start
says "Niagara Falls Trail #1379". I believe this to be a misnomer. Using 3D GPS
measurements, and a topo program, Niagara Creek is no where near the location
with the picnic table near the southern waterfall. Niagara Creek is about one mile to the west.