Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Hwy 126/Cascades
Rainbow Falls is east of Springfield.
Rainbow Falls framed in November fog
Falls GPS N44º 7.885', W122º , Elevation above sea level 3000 ft.
Viewpoint GPS N44º 7.926', W122º , Elevation above sea level 3100 ft.
A distant foggy view of Rainbow Falls from the boulders
- From I-5 exit onto I-105 and head east to Springfield
- At second light turn left onto Hwy 126
- Drive through Walterville, Vida and past Blue River
- Short distance East of McKenzie Bridge is the Ranger Station
- Quarter mile past the Ranger Station is Foley Ridge Road
- Head south on Foley Ridge Road for about six miles to the gated entry for
Rainbow Falls Trail
- Drive down the road for less than half a mile to the end of the road
- Trail is on the right side
- Path to the waterfall is less than two miles and has very little rise and fall
- The end of the trail is where you will find large boulders overlooking a gorge
- Look to the east through some trees at the middle of the mountain to see a
view of Rainbow Falls
Wilderness Permit is needed between Memorial Day Weekend and Halloween.