Photographer: G. Price
Return to Hwy 126/Cascades
Terwilliger Falls is east of Springfield (mis-identified as Rider Creek, which has no waterfall to the west).
GPS - Terwilliger Falls, 515m el.
Terwilliger Falls, July 4.8MB, 540p, 12.8 sec
Photograph specifics: 0.8S, ISO100, lens 71mm, aperture 32, tripod, polarizer
Parking is free at the day-use picnic area. There is a vault toilet.
- From I-5 exit onto I-105 and head east to Springfield.
- At second light turn left onto Hwy 126.
- Drive through Walterville, Vida and Blue River.
- Between milepost 45 and 46 turn south onto FSR #19 for Cougar Reservoir.
- In approximately one half mile bear right at the curve towards Cougar Reservoir.
- At 3.3 miles bear right through a seasonal gate towards Terwilliger Hot Springs.
- In another 4.2 miles the waterfall will be visible off to the right of the bridge (total 7.5m).
- Park in the area just past the bridge. Cross the road and walk down the path to
get a better view. Terwilliger Hot Springs is further down the path.
Fee for getting to the springs is at the station at the end of guard rail.