Photographer: G. Price
Return to Roseburg
Steamboat Falls is east of Roseburg.
GPS - Steamboat Falls, 440m el.
Another viewpoint is 0.6 miles further on FR 38 to a wide spot on the right side of the road.
- On I-5 take Roseburg exit 124. Note your odometer reading.
- Follow signs in Roseburg leading to Hwy 138 East.
- At milepost 39 turn left onto Steamboat Creek Road (Forest Road #38).
- After 5.7 miles make a right turn onto signed forest road #4760 and go over
the one lane bridge. Stay left at the junction.
- Less than a mile from the bridge Steamboat Falls Campground will be a
left turn off #4760.
- There is a pay station at the entrance if you intend to camp there.
Otherwise, pull up to the restroom and park there. The falls are across