at Surprise Creek
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Central Oregon Coast
GPS - Surprise Falls, 140m el.
Photograph specifics: sports, 1/400, ISO400, lens 300mm, aperture 5.6, manual focus
Surprise Falls is east of Reedsport.
Only was able to get a view through the trees at a distance of 0.2 miles.
- Thirteen miles east of Reedsport on HWY 38, head south on Loon Lake Road
- In 13.6 miles pavement ends
- At Y-junction turn left onto gravel road
- Travel gravel road for 0.3 miles and park at a wide spot just before a gate
- Gate could be open or closed at any time so it is best to park just before it.
- Hike up the road past the gate for 0.4 miles to near the viewpoint coordinates listed above
- A view of the falls from a distance of 0.2 miles away can be seen from the road
Will attempt to find a better viewpoint without trees in the way.