Cavitt & Shadow Falls
Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Roseburg
Cavitt & Shadow Falls are east of Roseburg.
GPS N43º 11.992', W123º 1.314', Elevation above sea level 1060 ft.
To reach Shadow Falls (I counted six tiers on this one!):
- On I-5 take Roseburg exit 124.
- Follow signs in Roseburg leading to Hwy 138 East.
- Near milepost 16 (mileage from I-5 junction with 138E) - and just before
reaching Glide - turn right onto Little River Road.
- At 6.5 miles turn right onto Cavitt Creek Road.
- In 3.3 miles turn left into Cavitt Falls Rec. Site.
Picnic area with view of waterfall is day-use, no-fee with a vault toilet.
Camping (fee-site) is available in an area to the left.
GPS N43º 9.132', W122º 56.997', Elevation above sea level 2200 ft.
- Return to Cavitt Creek Road and turn left. Road turns to gravel in
a short distance.
- In appr. nine miles there will be a vault toilet and trail to the right
to reach Shadow Falls. Trail is less than a mile with only one switchback
near the waterfall's fenced overlook - very little rise/fall in the path.