Shelter Falls on Middle Fork Santiam River
w/large Swimming Hole
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Cascades
GPS - Insect Junction, 1.13km el.
GPS - Road 646, 800m el.
GPS - Trail Start, 725m el.
GPS - Shelter Falls and Pool, 630m el.
Shelter Falls w/swimming hole . . . . . . . . you can see to the bottom
Shelter Falls is east of Sweethome.
Directions: note - 12.7 miles of gravel
No rest or picnic facilities.
- 0.3 miles past milepost 52 on HWY 20 turn north onto gravel Soda Fork Rd (aka #2041)
- Reset your trip odometer
- At 7.6 miles you will reach the Insect Junction (six legs) - head straight through to remain on #2041
- In another 4.4 miles (total 12) you will reach a 3-way junction -Road 646 is the middle one
(it is marked with a hiker symbol, Chimney Peak Trail and #646 signs)
- 0.7 miles down Road #646 park at a widened area of gravel for the Trail Start
- 7/10th of a mile down trail #3382 you will encounter a 3-sided shelter - Shelter Falls and its large pool is nearby