at Golden & Silver Falls State Park
Photographer: G. Price
Return to South Coast
Golden & Silver Falls State Park is northeast of North Bend.
GPS - Parking area, 128m el.
Golden Falls May 1.6MB 480p 6.8 sec (source Glenn Creek)
Silver Falls May 2.9MB 480p 11.8 sec (source Silver Creek)
Golden Falls and Silver Falls
There is a restroom and picnic tables near the parking area.
- On Hwy 101 turn east on E. Bay Road. This intersection is located
at the traffic light north of the large bridge over the Coos River - milepost 233.4.
Be advised that if heading south on 101 there is no separate left turn lane.
- After 2.6 miles look for a small bridge going over a creek.
Turn right to go over this bridge. East Bay Road continues over this bridge.
Watch out for small round white spheres. Golf course to your left.
- After another 5.2 miles turn left at the stop sign.
- At ten miles distance you will reach Allegany.
- A sign will say Golden and Silver Falls in 10 miles - straight ahead. This is Glenn Creek Rd.
- The last 4.9 miles leading to the falls is a gravel road.
Caution: Close to the parking area the road narrows to one lane.
Sign below shows Silver Falls to the left of the parking area and Golden Falls to the right.
At present the bridge over a small creek leading to Golden Falls is damaged.
Adventurous individuals can walk through the creek or use the log 'stepping stones'.
Caution: the first one is jittery.
I took the trail to the right to get the views of Golden Falls.
Paths to both falls are relatively flat and easy to traverse.
Found a Pacific Sideband Snail on the way to Silver Falls.