Waterfalls - Tamanawas Falls
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Mt Hood
GPS - Trail Start, 920m el.
GPS - Tamanawas Falls, 1.07km el.
Tamanawas Falls is on the eastern flank of Mt. Hood.
It is quite misty. You can feel its mist from about 50 feet away.
*The temptation would be to go to Exit 19 to get directly onto HWY 26 East (Division Ave.).
- From Interstate 205 take exit 12 and head east on HWY 212.
- HWY 212 will eventually meet up with HWY 26. Head east on 26.*
- Past Government Camp exit HWY 26 and head north on HWY 35.
- Near milepost 72 (past Sherwood Campground) look for a wide spot on the
west side of the road. This is the entry point for the E. Fork Trailhead.
- Cross a footbridge and follow the path to Tamanawas Falls.
- Trail is about 2 miles in length and has very bouldery sections.
This would put you through a lot of lights. Then you would have to turn right
on Burnside to continue on HWY 26. Don't be a glutton for punishment.