Upper Brice Creek Falls
with Shimmer Pool
Photographer: G. Price
Return to Cottage Grove
Upper Brice Creek Falls is east of Cottage Grove.
GPS - Upper Brice Creek Falls, 540m el.
Photograph specifics: Landscape 1/100 Second; aperture 7.1; ISO100; 25mm; tripod; polarizer
Where the water swirls below the falls it causes a shimmering visual display . . .
- Consult with Cottage Grove Ranger Station (541-942-5591) for status
of Forest Service Road #22 (Brice Creek Road) before travel
- Take Cottage Grove exit 174
- Head east on Row River Road.
- Past milepost 4 continue straight onto Shoreview Drive
(Row River Rd splits off to the left - Shoreview Drive rejoins Row River Rd in another six miles)
- Past milepost 19 Row River Road ends. Head straight onto Brice Creek Road (FSR #22)
This road will have its own mileposts (road that veers left is FSR #17 to Spirit/Moon Falls)
- 0.4 miles past milepost 7 is Hobo Camp - park on either side of the road
- Walk back west about 100 feet to a place on the side of the road
where it is just wide enough to stand over Brice Creek. Falls are below.