Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Columbia Gorge
Wiesendanger Falls is east of Portland.
Wiesendanger Falls above Multnomah Falls
- On I-84, access to Wiesendanger Falls is a left lane exit appr.
30 miles from Portland (Multnomah Falls exit).
- This waterfall can also be accessed from exit 35 at Ainsworth and
heading west on the historic highway to Multnomah Falls parking area
- Or, take Corbett exit 22 and head east on the historic highway
- Parking, restrooms, gift shops and a restaurant are available
Total distance from base of Multnomah Falls to Wiesendanger Falls is about 1.8 miles.
- To reach Wiesendanger Falls climb up the switchback path (1 mile) to the top of Multnomah Falls.
- Once at the top bear left away from Multnomah Falls to a gravel trail.
- Wiesendanger Falls is about a quarter mile past Dutchman Falls
There have been instances where I've seen the name spelled with an 'ei' instead of the true 'ie'.
I will let the plaque speak for his name.