Photographer: G. Price
back to waterfalls - Roseburg
Little Falls is east of Roseburg.
"Little Falls" seems such a boring name for a waterfall. Part of what
makes this one especially interesting are the rock formations near the falls.
They have the look of Swiss cheese. Plus you can easily sit down on one of
the rocks and dip your toes into the running water. Water cut courses into
the rocks. I think this waterfall should be renamed to ...
...Swiss Cheese Falls.
GPS N43º 21.357', W122º 43.153', Elevation above sea level 1220 ft.
This road is shared with the route to Steamboat Falls
- On I-5 take Roseburg exit 124. Note your odometer reading.
- Follow signs in Roseburg leading to Hwy 138 East.
- When your distance from your noted odometer reading nears 40 miles
look for a curve in the road that splits off to Diamond Lake or
Forest Road #38. Turn left onto Forest Road #38.
- In a little over a mile park at a wide spot on the right side of the road
- Waterfall is right next to the road
- If you have ground clearance issues continue a short distance until
reaching a paved wide spot on the left - then walk back to the falls